This 48 page PDF document is an in-depth look at how to prevent meltdowns and builds upon the information found in this blog post.
- Anatomy of a Meltdown
– A comprehensive breakdown of the elements of a meltdown. Explanation of best techniques to use at each stage.
- Proactively preventing meltdowns
– Teaching calming techniques and self-regulation skills
– Warning Signs
- Supporting Your Child Through Meltdowns
– Intervention techniques during meltdowns
– Ensuring Safety
- Post-crisis recovery
-What to expect
-How to re-direct child back to routine
-Discussing behavior and consequences
- Setting expected behavior
– Teaching what is expected
– Communication best practices
– Creating opportunities for success
-Developmentally appropriate expectations
- When and how to make environmental modifications
– Types of modifications
– How to use visual supports
- Teaching replacement behaviors
– Expanding functional communication skills
- Should you use restraint or seclusion?
– When to use
– Safety precautions
– When to discontinue
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Safety Plan Template
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!